Doug Motel is an online marketing wiz skilled in the art of identifying and sharing the latest opportunities in tourism promotion.
Doug has helped large corporations such as ABC Television, Comedy Central, Playboy Enterprises, and small businesses alike profit from the web for more than 14 years. His clients have appeared on CNN, Oprah, The View, and in The Wall Street Journal, to name just a few media placements. He is generous with his insider information and entertaining in his delivery, and leaves audiences energized, informed, and inspired to take action.
About Doug Motel
Born and raised in Atlantic City, NJ, America’s infamous resort playground, Doug has a unique perspective on travel and recreation and the important role tourism plays in people’s lives. Much of Doug’s work has focused on developing creative strategies that are largely free or low cost. In addition to offline strategies, his specialty is teaching small businesses how to take advantage of a broad range of online vehicles such as Facebook, Twitter, Yelp!, Google, Foursquare, YouTube, and Google Local.
As a speaker Doug is always entertaining, often using character voices, funny stories, and playfully illustrated slide shows to share his broad base of knowledge. He is skilled at making, what is for many, mind-numbing material easy to comprehend. Participants leave his presentation laughing and learning.
Doug has authored numerous articles on a wide variety of marketing topics relating to social media and tourism. His most recent book, 101 Marketing Tips for Tourism, offers free and low-cost strategies to boost revenue for tourist destinations.
Praise for Doug
“Doug Motel provided SEO information that was highly useful for the growth of our members’ bottom lines, while skillfully entertaining them in the process—and that is no small feat. His topic could make anyone’s head explode, but he was so dynamic and entertaining that, at times, the only exploding the group did was with laughter. He was a huge hit! Any group concerned with business development should bring Doug Motel in as a speaker. He is that good.”
“This was easily the most valuable and informative presenter that we’ve ever had at the Rosendale Chamber, or perhaps any other chamber at which I’ve attended. He is incisive, clear, and deftly logical in his business comprehension and use of electronic media to create buzz and manufacture product awareness. His own real case examples were compelling. This was the ‘real deal’, and it was a privilege to have box seats for the evening. We cannot wait to have him back again at the chamber, and hopefully, on-site at our offices. Thank you so very much!”
“By popular demand, Doug Motel was invited back to the conference for a second straight year. As the conference chairperson and coordinator, I will share one of the attendee comments about Doug’s presentation: ‘Doug Motel didn’t just give a laundry list of everything he’s done. He told us what to do and then peppered the presentation with examples. He taught us “how” to do something—not just what he has done.’”
- Playing the Game of User Review Sites (Ski Areas of New York Conference)
- Non-Profit Marketing: Tools, Tips, and Insider Tricks (The Outdoor History Museum Conference, Blue Mountain Lake NY)
- Tourism Marketing Tools, Tips and Insider Tricks (The Destinations Group Travel Show, Poughkeepsie, NY)
- Digital PR Strategies (The Empire State Tourism Conference 2011)
- What on Earth is Social Media and How Can it Benefit my Business (Rosendale, NY Chamber)
- Facebook Tips for Tourism (Dutchess County Tourism)
- Measuring Return on Investing in Social Media (Ulster County Development Corporation)
- Playing the Game of Google (NYC Web Design Meetup – AOL Ventures)
- Facebook Tips for Tourism (Rhinebeck Area Chamber of Commerce)
- FOX TV
- FX Network
- Time Warner Cable TV Ch. 36: “Skip E. Lowe Looks at Hollywood”
- WDST FM: “ Woodstock Roundtable with Doug Grunther”
- Host of Rosendale TV
- Webmaster Radio (guest on “Cover Story”)
- Theater LA Ovation Award: Best Writing
- LA Weekly Award: Best Writing & Performing of a Solo Show